I made this skirt out of some left over Robert Kaufman Lawn fabric to wear to Eddie’s birthday party at the start of the month. I have been trying to use the fabric that I have rather than buying more. So far I am doing ok but the fabric I have is pretty summery and as I mentioned in my last sewing post I’ll be needing to make a few things for winter, soooo I guess I’ll have to get some more soon. I’ll do my best to use what I have first though.
I haven't used a pattern for this skirt- I’ve used a skirt I already have to get the shape and size of the skirt pieces and have used my waist measurements plus the front placket and seam allowance for the waistband. Its reeeeally hard to tell from the pictures but its a button front skirt. The fabric is very busy and I covered the buttons so they are hard to see here; hopefully the last picture will show this a little better. I also popped some pockets in too.
It's been my go to skirt for the last couple of weeks. It’s really comfortable and easy to wear, especially in the heat we’ve had lately. I'd like to make a lined cord version but need to figure out how to attach the lining. One of the downsides of doing something without a pattern I suppose!
P.S The birthday party was great. I can’t believe my lad is 2 already!