Its been a couple of months since I posted last- Ive been busy making and visiting and baking and reading. I considered writing a few longer posts to catch you up on the happenings around our burrow of late but thought some photos and a little list would be enough to break the "no post in ages" ice and get my mind back into writing again. So, heres what we've been up to lately:
- I'll be adding fabric to the Indie Stitches Boutique shortly and have been getting the site ready over the last couple of weeks. I visited the Australian Quilt Market with my dear friend De (of Patterns and Projects) a couple of months ago and the orders I placed are slowly starting to arrive. De's job was to help me choose out of the hundreds of beautiful fabrics and to stop me from only buying the colour mustard- I am so drawn to that colour that I feared that would be the only colour to choose from in my store *blush.
- Ive been making Christmas presents for friends and family. I was trying to do a totally handmade Christmas for Ed but failed when I stepped into Toy World and saw a big Woody doll and knew how much he'd love it; and he does.
- We've been balling wool and getting a jump on knitting things for the cooler months. I keep having to remind him to only turn the handle one way when he's balling though otherwise its a big 'ol mess. I know I could probably do it when he's not about and it would be much quicker but he really does love it so I save the balling part for him.
- A new cafe has opened up just over the reserve so we've been taking walks via the playground to get a coffee and some cake.
- Reading books. LOTS of books.
- Playing with Christmas presents. Im not sure how enjoys it more, Wal or Ed.
- Learning the Tarot. Ive always found it interesting but lately Ive been too drawn to it to ignore it. I popped on to Etsy not long ago to have a look for some wooden buttons and there in my "you might be interested in" section was a beautiful set of Tarot cards and some crystal pendants. I used crystals for self care before I became pregnant with Ed but since then Ive been so focused on the care of him that I seem to have forgotten about me... and if Im being honest, its actually becoming very noticeable- at least to myself and probably those who know me best. Anyway, I thought it was particularly odd that they appeared because I'd never, like, never-ever-trevor looked these types of things up in Etsy before. I took this as a sign and purchased them on the spot. Since then other little things have been shifting and falling into place. Its funny what can happen when you listen.
- Making dolls. Ive been making the first couple for my Etsy store for a while now. I think I am maybe taking so long to finish them because I'm afraid that if no one buys them I won't have an excuse to make them and dream about making them anymore. I love making them, so so much.
- Playing in the sprinkler (or sprinkles as Ed calls it) at night time before bed to cool off. Usually I really dislike summer but seeing it through Ed's eyes is slowly starting to bring me around to it.
So, thats about it for what we've been doing for the last couple of weeks. Oh yeah, and I quit my big girl job in HR. OK, so that was pretty big and probably deserves a post of its own ;).
Oh oh oh AND! Ive started an online Herbal Medicine making class with Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine. For about 6 months or so Ive been waking up with the words "Kitchen Witch" rolling around in my head so I decided to look into and found this really great online class and signed up. 3 days after signing up I saw someone who I admire and follow on Instagram had signed up for the same class. Ok, so it all sounds a little woo woo but whatevs, Im just going to roll with it and see where it takes me.
I hope this finds you well and happy.
PS I'm also doing this Natural dying class in February. I. CANT. WAIT. Sooooo many great things to look forward to this year already!